Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Week...

COMES TO AN END!!!

I can hardly believe that it is all over. It is like a wedding...all that work and it is done. The week was very busy getting ready for his big party on Saturday and luckily we have grandparents close by to help and watch Landin.

Friday was spent baking an AWESOME truck cake (which I made myself) and 40 cupcakes to go with it. Then we were lucky enough to have our good friends come and spend the night with us. Kevin and Katie brought Landin's friend Carter who is exactly 1 month younger than him. They played with some toys and then slept :)






Saturday morning the grandparents and aunts helped set up the party for the church and it looked great!






The party was a huge success and Landin was exhausted! He made it about 5 miles before he fell asleep in the car and then took a 3 hour nap...his longest ever! He was very spoiled and came home with some great clothes, books, and summer toys. We can't wait to use everything.

It is still unreal to me that this little baby we brought home a year ago is one. I remember the day we brought him home I was scared to death. Am I going to know how to feed him, nuture him, sleep (ha ha), love him, help him grow as a boy and a man. Will we get to know each other, how does he know I am his mom, will we have that bond one day? All these questions, fears, anxieties...it was hard to have the unknown and the lack of control. Everyday I had to learn to roll with the punches and there are still days that it is hard for me, but something happened in this year that will forever change me and our life as a family. He made us a family, he made me a mother, and he made me love deeper than I thought possible. Throughout this year I have bonded with this little man and I can now say that is weird now to just lay around the house or have spare time because my life is all about him now. He consumes it and I want to do the best I can for him. In his one short year on earth Landin has changed my life in the best way possible and I look forward to many more years of growth, love, adventures, worries, and FUN!


Thank you all for celebrating with us and loving our little guy! I will leave you with a couple more pictures of our little mans celebration.







No comments:

Post a Comment